AZEE 100MG DRY contain Azithromycin which belongs to a group of medicine called macrolide antibiotics. It is used to treat infections caused by micro-organisms such as bacteria including chest, throat or nasal infection, ear infections, skin and soft tissue infections, sexually transmitted diseases and infection of the tube that carries urine from the bladder (urethra) or the neck of the womb (cervix).
AZEE 100MG DRY is a broad-spectrum type of antibiotic. It is effective in killing many types of gram-positive bacteria, some types of gram-negative bacteria and other microorganisms. This medicine is not suitable for use in children under the age of one year. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF AZEE 100MG DRY
Treat bacterial infections such as
- Chest, throat, or nasal infections (such as bronchitis, pneumonia, tonsillitis, sore throat, and sinusitis)
- Ear infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections (such as abscess or boil)
- Sexually transmitted diseases caused by Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoea
- Urethra and cervix infections caused by chlamydia
HOW AZEE 100MG DRY WORKS
AZEE 100MG DRY inhibits the synthesis of essential protein required by bacteria to grow and multiply and thus prevents the infection from spreading.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take AZEE 100MG DRY exactly as your doctor has told you. Shake well before use.
SIDE EFFECTS OF AZEE 100MG DRY
- Allergic reaction which may cause sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rash, or itching
- Severe skin rashes or reactions
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Liver problems (symptoms such as yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes)
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Increased or reduced urine output or trace of blood in your urine
- Serious bowel inflammation
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Diarrhoea, stomach pain or cramps, nausea, wind
- Headache, dizziness
- Vomiting, indigestion
- Change in white blood cells
- Low blood bicarbonate level
- Numbness or pins and needles
- Loss of appetite, taste disturbance
- Visual disturbances, deafness
- Skin rash or itching
- Joint pain
- Tiredness, or weakness
- Feeling agitated
- Allergic skin reaction such as being sensitive to sunlight
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Drink lots of fluids, such as water or juice, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any medicines without speaking to a doctor.
Try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly and smaller and frequent meals. Applying a heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
Nausea and Vomiting:
Try taking this medicine with, or just after meal. Stick to simple meals. Do not eat rich or spicy food.
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in breast feeding women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine, since it may cause dizziness or convulsions.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with AZEE 100MG DRY.
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take AZEE 100MG DRY if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to azithromycin or any other ingredients in this medicine.
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in patients suffering from active lung diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
AZEE 100MG DRY should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Low potassium or magnesium levels in blood
- Certain type of muscle weakness called myasthenia gravis
- Nervous (neurological) or mental (psychiatric) problems
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Ergot derivatives such as ergot or ergotamine (used to treat migraine)
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clots)
- Ciclosporin (used to suppress the immune system)
- Antacids (used to treat heartburn and indigestion)
- Digoxin (used to treat heart failure)
- Colchicine (used to treat gout and familial mediterranean fever)
- Terfenadine, astemizol (used to treat hay fever or a skin allergy)
- Cabergoline and pergolide (used to treat parkinson’s disease)
- Medicines to treat irregular heartbeat
- Cisapride (used to treat gastric reflux disease and constipation)
- Antipsychotics such as pimozide (used to treat psychosis problems)
- Antidepressants such as citalopram (used to treat depression)
- Fluoroquinolones antibiotic such as moxifloxacin and levofloxacin (used to treat infections)
- Theophylline (used to treat asthma)
- Fluconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Zidovudine, nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infections)
- Alfentanil (used for narcosis)
- Statins such as atorvastatin (used for lowering blood cholesterol)