INFORMATION ABOUT BROMHEXINE
Bromhexine is used in the treatment of respiratory tract disorders associated with viscid mucus.
How Bromhexine works
Bromhexine is a mucolytic medication. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) in the nose, windpipe and lungs making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of Bromhexine
Irritation of ear, Allergic skin rash, Dizziness, Headache
EXPERT ADVICE FOR BROMHEXINE
- Bromhexine helps in thinning and removal of the mucus (slimy and sticky substance) from the airways, thereby treats various respiratory conditions.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not use Bromhexine for more than 14 days, without your doctor’s advice.
- Inform your doctor if you have suffered or are currently suffering from any stomach, liver or kidney problem.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR BROMHEXINE
Q. Is Bromhexine an antihistamine?
No, Bromhexineis not an antihistamine.